Full Moon Tarot Spread
No matter what your beliefs are when it comes to astrology, we are entering a very special and powerful time given the super moon and second full moon in one month.
This post was written and the video was recorded in January 2018. We have just experienced the ‘Wolf Moon’ which was our first supermoon of the year. We are now about to experience the ‘super blue blood moon’.
I’m definitely not an astrology expert but I do pay attention during these times. I want to do my best to break it down and explain what is going on before I launch into my Full Moon Tarot Spread.
What is a Supermoon?
Supermoons are a phenomenon which will only occur a few times a year. It’s when a full moon is closest to the earth, which makes it appear around 15% larger and 30% brighter than usual.
The Supermoon increases the full moon’s effect over the tides so we can expect to see higher than usual tides.
What is a Blue Moon?
A Blue Moon is simply a time when we have 2 full moons occurring in one calendar month. Blue Moons happen once every 2 or 3 years.
Did you know there was such a thing as a Double Blue Moon? In 2018 we have a Blue Moon in both January and March. This can be referred to as a Double Blue Moon and it usually only happens every 3 to 5 times in any given century. The next one will be 2037!
What is a Blood Moon?
The Blood Moon is when the moon is in total eclipse. It appears reddish from the light that is reflected off the earth’s atmosphere.
We have these lunar eclipses happening twice per year over the next 2 years and they will be visible from different parts of the world at different times.
The Lunar Trifecta
As you see the planets really are aligning to create this very rare phenomenon. This will be the first time it has happened in 35 years and the next time you will be able to experience the Super Blue Blood Moon will be 2037!
Get out and enjoy the view!
Full Moon Tarot Spread
This feel like a great time to be doing a tarot reading for yourself. I always feel that the full moon offers a lot of potential. I also see this as the closing of a chapter. The moon is at its absolute peak so what is next?
This spread can be done during any full moon:
- The Moon in tarot can be a card about illusion and sometimes the light from the moon can cast shadows and make things look different. This first card is getting to the bottom of what you can’t see so you can make informed decisions.
- This is the action card. What do you need to do to make the most of the opportunities available to you?
- It’s time to shed. With the closing of each chapter comes the chance to do something new and potentially bigger and better. We need to clear the way for these new opportunities which can make letting go.
- It’s all very well getting ready for these new beginnings but sometimes we need a little bit of direction and we need to know what paths are available before we make our choice.
- This card is all about the potential. What do we need to do to reach the potential and what would that look like?
This video will give you step by step instructions on how to use this spread.
Enjoy this very special time. If you enjoyed this spread you may want to download my free book of tarot spreads below.