Tools To Help You Boost Your Confidence
One of the wonderful ways that the tarot can be used is to boost confidence and help you become the best version of yourself.
I’m a great believer in mixing life coaching and NLP techniques with tarot to create tools to help us reach our potential. You may have seen my previous posts about Wheel of Life and my post on how to release the blockage, which use some of these tools.
I’ve been looking at different ways that you can boost you confidence. We live in such a competitive society and culture that a little bit of confidence can go a long way. Of course, I’ve put my own tarot twist to help take this to the next level.
Circle of Excellence
This exercise is called the Circle of Excellence. It’s designed to get you into a state of mind when you have been at your best. The idea is that you can tap into those feelings or resources whenever you feel the need.
To go along with this post I’ve created a tarot spread which you can see at the end of this post along with a video case study.
1. Think of a time when you want to be at your most confident. Maybe you have a job interview to attend, maybe you have to make a best man speech or perhaps you are about to do a major presentation. Whatever it is, just be sure to get a very specific situation in your mind.
2. I want you to stand up and look at the floor in front of you. In your mind’s eye, draw an imaginary circle on the ground. Be sure that it’s big enough for you to step into. Actually visualise that circle as if it’s right there in front of you.
3. Before stepping into the circle think about a specific time when you have felt at your most confident. You can close your eyes for this but really start to relive that moment in your head. Think of how you felt, what sounds were around, what conversations you had. Were there any smells that you remember? Put yourself smack bang into that situation and feel the confidence rise within you.
4. When you feel the confidence rising take a step into the circle. Start to become really conscious. Look at the circle. Does it have a colour? Are there any sounds associated with the circle? Start to notice how you are feeling, confident, strong, calm etc.
5. When you feel that you are at your most confident step out of the circle. Leave the positive feelings, colours, smells, sounds etc in the circle.
6. Now you have to do what we call ‘breaking state’. Think about something totally different. Maybe recite your phone number backwards or try to remember what you had for lunch 3 days ago.
7. Now repeat the exercise with a second experience. You can add as many layers to the circle as you feel are necessary.
8. Now think about the situation when you are going to need to be confident and visualise what will unfold just before you need that confidence. Perhaps you are going to be introduced to make your speech or maybe the interviewer is coming toward you to shake your hand.
9. Now step back into the circle and feel the confidence within. Focus on the sounds, colours, smells etc and start to visualise the situation unfolding exactly as you would like it to. Things are going perfectly for you.
10. You now want to check the results. Step back out of the circle.
11. Without stepping into the circle think about the upcoming event or situation. You should find that you are automatically more confident. You have taken the first steps to rewiring your brain.
12. Remember if you need a boost at the time the circle of excellence is always available to you and right in front of you.
Boost Your Confidence Tarot Spread
I wanted to dig a bit further and see how we could get tarot involved in this.
The spread I have created uses the major arcana only. It’s a 4 card spread:
What situation from the past could be causing you to have a lack of confidence?
What action do you need to take to help you release that blockage?
What positive aspects do others see in you?
What does the best version of you look like?
I like spreads that only use the major arcana as they tend to be really powerful. They are really useful for major life moments.
I’ve also put together a case study, which you can watch here.
I hope that you have found this useful and look forward to hearing about your successes.