This post was originally posted in 2016 but I’ve added some updates.
How To Formulate Your Question
One of the best pieces of advice I can give to ensure that you get a great and accurate reading is, make sure you formulate your questions properly. The tarot cards have many different meanings and without context it can take lot of your reading time for me to get my ‘Sherlock Holmes’ on and deduce what the message is. I always equate this to going to the doctor and asking the doctor to tell you what’s wrong with you without describing your symptoms. Sure the doctor can run a lot of tests and find the answers for you but that’s not really a great use of either of your time. It’s the same in tarot.
If you are stuck for a question why not let the tarot cards decide what you need to know right now? – 78 Questions To Ask Your Tarot Reader
General readings are fine if you are having a longer reading but if you are having a 15 or 30 minute reading it’s best that you come armed with a few great questions to get the most out of your time.
The More Specific The Better
The clearer and more specific the question the better. Yes/No questions can be answered and I have a few yes/no spreads up my sleeve to help with this. However, isn’t it better to know why it’s happening or how to improve your chances of a positive outcome? This really reminds me of a little Kipling poem….
I keep six honest service men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who
The “when” is a difficult one in tarot but that’s a whole different blog piece!
Here are some examples of questions I have been asked and then suggestions on how I think they could be rephrased:
- When will I find love?/What do I need to focus on to attract the partner of my dreams?
- Will I get the new job?/What has been stopping me getting my dream job? Is there anything I can do differently to make myself attractive to employers? What strengths do I have that I should highlight?
- Will I get back with my ex?/What’s really going on between me and my ex? What is standing in our way? What can help us live up to our full potential?
- Will I get promoted?/Where am I headed at work if I keep doing what I am doing and what can I change to be sure that I reach my goals?
It does take a bit of getting used to forming the right question but I’m happy to work with you to be sure that we get clear results for you.
What Not To Ask
There are a few things that you shouldn’t ask the tarot:
- Am I pregnant (my answer will be go buy a test and find out)
- Some health related questions. I’m not a doctor but I’m happy to look at well-being and see if there are any blockages causing dis-ease.
- Questions that involve other people and that don’t have you at the centre. Such as “I’m having an affair and want to know if my lover will leave his wife” This is classed as a 3rd party reading and it’s ethically border-line. It’s also very difficult to tap into somebody’s energy if they are not specifically involved in the reading
- When you are going to die. I really wouldn’t know and wouldn’t be comfortable digging around looking for answers.
If you need any help with your question then feel free to email me and we can work on it prior to your reading.
If you have your burning questions ready then go right ahead and book your reading here.
FREE Tarot Spread E-book
Sign up to our newsletter and get a free copy of the Tarot Avenue 'Book of Tarot Spreads'